Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Clean-ing, a crime?

Yes, I just attended a cleaning campaign.
It was in support of clean and fair elections in my home country.
I experienced my first campaign first hand in Wichita.
The trip was a harrowing one, I have never managed to study in a car
 before, and this is the first time that I have managed to do such
a thing.
 After two hours of pure driving and a stop at McDonalds for some
breakfast, we could see the sign that said Wichita.
 It was a pretty big gathering, but it could have been bigger.
It consisted of Chinese, a couple of Indians, I think one Malay,
and of course one Chindian.
 After all that we went to Wichita State University to
relax for a couple of hours before going out for dinner then heading
 back home. Our dear driver wanted to play badminton
so he went to play, leaving us to find entertainment on
our own. And there was no entertainment at all.
Not even a food stall. We went in search of food on a map that
we found and we saw a Pizza Hut that was in campus.
Guess what?
 Yep, it was an actual hut. Never mind that, it was
closed. Closed for years in fact. At least I found another
landmark.

All in all it was quite alright. We did go there for a reason, and
the reason was fulfilled.
Oh, and I found out that it was illegal for college students
to be involved in such political events. Someone is scared of
the power of students now aren't they?

Cheers,
from the guy who did tons of stuff that should never be repeated again.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful sumamry of everything! Looks like ur education is expanding away from the walls of KU and that's how it should be:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! =) Somehow or rather I think I know you... Do I know you by any chance?

    ReplyDelete